Suzuki sport Flywheel and Bearings Kits

I would like to introduce or share with you one of the expensive parts that I bought for my HT81s, I had decided to buy a suzukisport flywheel which I hope can help me give the performance I need in the lower end rpm mostly before the 4k mark. The flywheel by suzukisport is lighter by 2.1 kg from original 5.7kg to 3.6kg. Resulting better response and pickup.

It cost me a bit and I bought it direct from Suzukisport Japan together with other bits and pieces, one of them is the bearing kit for the flywheel that I saw on their webpage.


Webpage for suzukisport flywheel for HT81S is as below :-
http://www.suzukisport-racing.com/news/040908swiftsp_fw/index.html

Finally the item arrive after 2 weeks and paying the custom fees and etc....


Before I wanna install the flywheel, I seek the opinion of my frequent mechanic and he advice me to change together the oil seal behind the flywheel so I scout around and find the parts at local Suzuki Service center, the parts is identical to current Swift Sport M16A.


Before I forget, remember to change the clutch release bearing, original parts is made by NTN and there is other manufacturer that produce the bearing. Remember to change this because it will save you on labour fees. As I observce from the changing of this bearing, the original bearing is full of the dirt from the clutch sticking to it and making it difficult to engage the clutch, thats why most HT81S or Ignis Sport owner will feel the pedal getting heavier after 80k mileage.


After all this intro, the result of installing this ?
Just to let you know my setup after installing the flywheel.

Flywheel = Suzukisport (Parts No. 331100-4350)
Clutch and pressure plate = Original (Parts not yet reach after book from Exedy Malaysia)
Clutch release bearing = NTN (Parts No. FCR50-35-6 / FCR50-35-6/5K)
Manual transmission oil = Royal Purple

Performance, significantly better at 2.5k to 3.3k range. The feeling of pulling is better for lower range rpm and launching is much more direct. I dont know whether you understand what I mean by this but it really help during standing sprint. Plus you have better response even at high gear and high speed without need to downshift.

Downside, there always be a trade off in getting something better right ? Lost of high speed after 140km/h to 150km/h range. There is lack of power and engine is struggling more than original setup. But who will always use 140km/h to 150km/h regulary ? I feel this tradeoff is justified.

Comments

  1. Hey bro. Just to check with you since u mention you changed your clutch to exedy, how much did you purchase it for? I'm a ignis sport owner from Singapore.
    You changed the whole clutch kit or just the clutch cover?
    After changing, is the clutch pedal harder than stock or same?
    As it's about time to change my clutch, I hope you can advise.
    Thanks
    ignis owner sg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please read the new post for the full details.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment